Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wood Frog


Hello and welcome to my nature photography blog: Wild Earth Photos! Taking pictures of animals and nature is something that I've always enjoyed, and as the summer season hits, I'm starting to find myself taking more and more pictures of the outdoors. This blog is a space for me to share some of those photos as I learn more about photography. Thanks for checking it out!

This little Wood Frog (Lithobates sylvaticus) was photographed in upstate New York on a cloudy May day. Wood Frogs have always been one of my favorite New York frogs because of their cool mask-like coloration. Normally they're pretty hard to find due to how good their camouflage is and their wandering nature, but this one gave herself away by jumping when I walked nearby. After a bit of hopping she finally settled down and agreed to pose for some pictures. Considering how close I got to take this one, I'd say she was pretty cooperative.

Fun Fact: Wood Frogs have one of the earliest mating seasons of any North American frogs, and are the only frog found north of the arctic circle.

References:


Photograph taken May 2015 - Argyle, NY





No comments:

Post a Comment